Amorpha Canescens Purple Lead Plant, 100 Seeds
Great flower seed from The Dirty Gardener with the best germination. Amorpha canescens (lead plant) is a showy small native shrub with grayish white foliage and purple flower spikes making it desirable for use in wildflower beds and butterfly gardens. The small violet-purple flowers last about 3 weeks and are in several 4 to 6 inch dense, spike-like clusters along the upper part of the stem and the leaves are covered with tiny gray hairs giving the plant it's lead gray color. BLOOM TIME: Summer. HARDINESS ZONE: 2 - 9. LIGHT REQUIREMENTS: Sun - Part Shade . . . SOIL / WATER: Average - Dry.
- Nothing brings value to properties than beautiful trees and shrubs
- Beautiful perennial with showy spikes of small blue flowers
- Holds traditional medicinal properties and is eaten by deer year round
- Grows from 2 to 3 feet tall and thrives in full sun or partial shade
- Does well in poor or acidic soils