Heirloom Rutgers Tomato - 150 Seeds
Heirloom - a proven variety that excels at canning and slicing. Produces an intense, red colored, round tomato fruits on a strong vine. A highly productive, open pollinated heirloom that has been around since 1934. Rutger tomatoes were originally developed by a Rutgers university scientist named Lyman g. Schermerhorn in co-operation with the CampbellÕs soup. This old favorite was introduced in 1934 as a cross between the "Marglobe" and "JTP" varieties. Known for having thick walls and a resistance to cracking. Great taste, compact plants, attractive fruit. Indeterminate, open-pollinated, 75 days from transplant.
- Grow your own vegetable garden with these quality seeds
- The Rutgers produces several deep red tomatoes per plant
- Has a unique, tangy-sweet flavor perfect for eating in salads
- Easy to grow and requires little maintenance
- Heirloom non-GMO seeds with no filler content