The Dirty Gardener Urea 46-0-0 Nitrogen Fertilizer, 30 Pounds
This is a The Dirty Gardener Care Brand. If you are not purchasing from us, I cannot guarantee you are buying what is listed. We are working with Amazon to have the other sellers removed immediately. Also known as carbamide, is an organic compound of carbon, nitrogen, oxygen and hydrogen, with the formula CON2H4 or (NH2) 2CO. Urea is produced commercially from two raw materials, ammonia and carbon dioxide. Large quantities of carbon dioxide are produced during the manufacture of ammonia from coal or from hydrocarbons such as natural gas and petroleum derived raw materials. This allows direct synthesis of urea from these raw materials. Urea has a number of advantages over other nitrogen fertilizers. Urea is safer to ship and handle, it is less corrosive to equipment, it has a higher analysis than any other dry nitrogen fertilizer and it can be used on virtually all crops. Urea can be stored and distributed through conventional systems. It can be applied in many different ways from sophisticated aerial application equipment to a farm spreading urea by hand. Urea is also highly water soluble so it moves readily into the soil. The high analysis means a reduced transportation and application cost per kilogram of nitrogen.
- Great high analysis dry nitrogen for fertilizing crops
- Safer than other fertilizers to ship and handle, less corrosive on equipment, and can be used on virtually all crop
- Contains the highest concentration of nitrogen of any granular fertilizer
- Use in areas with adequate water due to tendency to dehydrate the soil
- Dry granular which spreads well with most fertilizer spreaders