Johnny Jump-Up Viola Tricolor Flowers - 50 Seeds
Dark viola tricolor, known as (exhaustingly) heartsease, heart's ease, heart's delight, tickle-my-fancy, jack-jump-up-and-kiss-me, come-and-cuddle-me, three faces in a hood, or love-in-idleness, is a common European wild flower, growing as an annual or short-lived perennial. It has been introduced into North America, where it has spread widely, and is known as the Johnny jump up (though this name is also applied to similar species such as the yellow pansy). It is the progenitor of the cultivated pansy, and is therefore sometimes called wild pansy; before the cultivated pansies were developed, "pansy" was an alternative name for the wild form. BLOOM TIME: All Summer if planted in the shade (shorter bloom period in the sun). HARDINESS ZONE: 2 - 9. LIGHT REQUIREMENTS: Sun - Part Shade . . . SOIL / WATER: Average.
- Sweet little flowers are as cute as they are functional
- This miniature pansy-like flower combines lavender, violet and canary yellow
- Blooms from spring into fall
- Grows from 4 to 12 inches in height and prefers full sun to partial shade
- Wonderful to use in salads and teas