Aquilegia Vulgaris Rocky Mountain Columbine Flowers, 50 Seeds
A hardy upright to sprawling annual native to the mid-western United States. This variety is easy to recognize by the dense, compact leaves which are deeply divided into many narrow segments. The flowers are a beautiful lavender with bright yellow centers, each at the top of a leafy stem. Prefers sandy or gravelly soil in full sun. Excellent for those hard to maintain locations. Columbines make excellent cut flowers and attract bees, birds, and butterflies. BLOOM TIME: Summer. HARDINESS ZONE: 3 - 8 (and reseeds itself easily). LIGHT REQUIREMENTS: Sun - Part Shade . . . SOIL / WATER: Average.
- This sweet columbine hybrid has colorful, long spurred blossoms
- Add to rock gardens to attract butterflies, hummingbirds and bees
- Beautiful additions to wildflower bouquets, but only last a few days once cut
- Grows up to 2 to 3 feet tall and blooms last for 4 to 6 weeks
- Prefers sandy soil, full sun and does well in zones 3-8