The Dirty Gardener Oenothera Lamarckiana Yellow Evening Primrose Flowers, 1,000 Seeds
Easy to grow from seed, this wildflower is a good meadow plant. Performs like a classic annual. These fragrant beauties get their name because they only bloom at night! It also attracts bees, butterflies, and birds. Bloom time: late spring - mid fall (blooms at dusk). Hardiness zone: annual (but reseeds itself easily, so it acts like a perennial in all zones). Light requirements: sun - part shade . . . Soil / water: average.
- This sunshiny yellow flower produces a light, pleasant lemony scent
- Attracts hummingbirds and hawkmoths
- Opens its petals in evening and closes them before noon the following day
- Grows from 2 to 6 feet tall
- Gather dropped seeds in the fall to replant in the spring