The Dirty Gardener Heirloom Cereal Rye Seeds, 1 Pound
Cereal rye is one of the most versatile and commonly used cover crops in the country. Rye is the most winter hardy cereal crop and has the potential for remarkable spring growth, that's utilized for residue and forage production. This species is known for its late fall to early spring nutrient scavenging, grazing potential and erosion control.
- Cereal rye can be used for making flour, rye bread, rye beer, whisky, vodka and more
- Is an excellent cover crop plow down
- Cold tolerant and does well in over-wintering conditions
- Provides late fall to early spring nutrient scavenging and grazing
- Also can provide excellent erosion control