The Dirty Gardener Juniperus Virginiana Eastern Red Cedar Trees
The Eastern Red Cedar is an evergreen tree that reaches 40 to 50 feet in height. This species provides food and cover for a number of birds and mammals. Best used as windbreaks, shelter belts and hedges. Soil Type: Prefers poor gravelly soils, acid and high pH soils, sunny airy location. Zones: 3 to 9. Germination Range: 60-80%. Stratification Requirement: Seed requires 30 daysÕ warm stratification followed by 90-120 daysÕ cold stratification. A scarification prior to warm stratification is recommended.
- Nothing brings value to properties than beautiful trees
- Robust tree with rich green foliage
- Grows up to 40 to 50 feet tall
- Able to withstand adverse conditions
- Includes full germination instructions to get your seeds started