The Dirty Gardener Amorpha Canescens Lead Plant, 200 Seeds
Lead Plant is a 2' to 3' tall, drought tolerant, shrub-like native perennial with showy terminal spikes of small blue flowers. Lead Plant grows well in dry to medium, somewhat poor or acidic soils and tolerates full sun or part shade. It is an attractive ornamental and ground cover in native gardens and wildflower meadows. The nitrogen fixing ability adds to its value in gardens and in restoration projects. The plant is eaten by deer and is a valuable pollinator conservation species. Native Americans made limited use of the plant to treat a variety of ailments and made a tea from the leaves.
- Nothing brings value to properties than beautiful trees and shrubs
- Beautiful perennial with showy spikes of small blue flowers
- Holds traditional medicinal properties and is eaten by deer year round
- Grows from 2 to 3 feet tall and thrives in full sun or partial shade
- Does well in poor or acidic soils