The Dirty Gardener Calendula Officinalis English Marigold Jumbo Wildflowers, 1 Ounce
Calendula are considered by many gardening experts as among the easiest and most versatile flowers to grow in a garden, especially since they tolerate most soils. In temperate climates, seeds are sown in spring for blooms that last throughout the summer and well into the fall. In areas of little winter freezing (USDA zones 8-11), seeds are sown in autumn for winter color, plants will wither in subtropical summer. Seeds will germinate freely in sunny or half-sunny locations, but plants do best if planted in sunny locations with rich, well-drained soil. Pot marigolds typically bloom quickly from seed (in under two months) in bright yellows, golds, and oranges.
- One of the most versatile flowers to grow in a garden
- Blooms last through summer and well into fall
- Provides bright splashes of yellow, gold and orange
- Easy to grow and requires little maintenance
- Thrive when planted in sunny locations with rich, well-drained soil