The Dirty Gardener Aubrieta Deltoidea Rockcress Flowers, 7,200 Seeds
Aubrieta deltoidea - Purple Rockcress - Rock Garden Seeds - ZONE 4 - 8Rock cress, as you can guess from the name, is one of those plants that like tough love -- give it a hot, dry crack between some stones somewhere and it will flourish. It can cover a stacked-stone wall or rocky outcropping with beautiful blue-purple flowers. Purple rock cress usually has purple or blue flowers, but rock wall cress is more likely to bloom in white or pink. Both make attractive low mounds that look great at the edge of retaining wall where they get full sun and excellent drainage. Cut stems back after spring bloom to keep plants compact. Light: Sun Zones: 4-8. Plant Type: Perennial. Plant Height: 6-8 inches tall. Plant Width: 1-2 feet wide. Landscape Uses: Containers, Beds & Borders, Slopes, Ground cover. Special Features: Flowers, Drought Tolerant, Deer Resistant. The Purple Rockcress forms a beautiful carpet of lush greenery covered with flocks of purple blossoms during the spring months! This plant is native to Europe, but is gardeners worldwide have been successful in growing this wildflower. A great flower for rock gardens!
- Sweet purple flower are great in rock gardens or as ground cover
- Also looks gorgeous in pots and containers scattered on decks and porches
- Grows from 6 to 8 inches tall, prefers full sun to partial shade and moist soil
- Easy to grow and requires little maintenance
- Non-GMO seeds with no filler content