The Dirty Gardener Coreopsis Lanceolata Yellow Lance Leaved Flowers
Lance Leaved Coreopsis is a 1' to 2' tall native perennial with 1-1/2" wide bright yellow flowers. It is a spring to early summer flowering plant preferring dry to medium soils in full sun. The plant will tolerate very poor soils, is drought tolerant, and will grow in part shade; however, fewer flowers are produced in shade. Lance Leaved Coreopsis freely self-seeds and may naturalize into large colonies if self-seeding is not controlled. Deadheading will greatly increase and prolong flower production. Birds relish the large quantities of seed produced and this is a good pollinator conservation plant.
- Fill your gardens and meadows with these sunshiny yellow blooms
- Produces all-yellow sunflower-like blooms which last from spring into fall
- Attracts butterflies, bees and birds to your yard
- Perennial which seeds freely and creates large colonies
- Grows from 1 to 2 feet tall and prefers full sun