The Dirty Gardener Vulgare Oregano Seeds, 1 Pound
Oregano, scientifically named origanum vulgare by carolus linnaeus, is a common species of origanum, a genus of the mint family (lamiaceae). It is native to warm-temperate western and southwestern Eurasia and the Mediterranean region. Oregano is a perennial herb, growing from 20-80 cm tall, with opposite leaves 1-4 cm long. Oregano will grow in a pH range between 6.0 (mildly acid) and 9.0 (strongly alkaline) with a preferred range between 6.0 and 8.0. The flowers are purple, 3-4 mm long, produced in erect spikes. It is sometimes called wild marjoram, and its close relative o. Majorana is known as sweet marjoram.
- Grow fresh herbs at home - no green thumb required
- Most common and easiest to grow of all the oregano herbs
- Features a strong oregano flavor and aroma and is great on pizza
- Packed weekly for better germination rates
- Non-GMO heirloom seeds contain no filler