Eschscholzia Californica Mission Bells California Orange Poppy, 1,000 Seeds
Tender perennial open pollinated. Double and semi-double forms of this popular wildflower have satiny petals in a range of colors (white, pink, orange, and red). Easy to grow and a charming addition to the garden. Requires little maintenance and re-seeds heavily. 1 lb covers approximately 4,000 sq ft if broadcast. Poppies attract bees, butterflies, and birds. The huge showy 2 - 4 inches blooms make them an excellent cut flower, and their unique looking seed pods are splendid in dried arrangements or for crafts. They are known in folk medicine as a mild sedative and analgesic. The california poppy is a protected species, and there is a $500 per plant fine for destroying them! Both perennial and annual poppy seeds. Prefer full sun. Bloom time: late spring - early fall. Hardiness zone: 6 - 10 (and reseeds itself easily). Light requirements: sun . . . Soil / water: average - dry.
- This poppy mix adds brilliant red, yellow, pink, orange and white colors to gardens and meadows
- Medium 2-4 inch flowers wave atop ferny, blue-green foliage
- Blooms last from spring well into fall
- Drought tolerant and ideal for dry, arid climates or anywhere with low water amounts
- Gorgeous in cut flower arrangements and press beautifully