The Dirty Gardener The Dirty Gardener Crabgrass
Crabgrass is a high quality summer annual forage grass that is well adapted to the sandy soils and climatic conditions of the southern Coastal Plain. While it is often considered to be a weedy species, it is a valuable temporary summer forage crop, particularly on open land that is planted to vegetables or row crops, and used in a rotation as pasture for livestock grazing or hay production.
- The Dirty Gardener crabgrass is a high quality forage crop
- Warm season seed which is native to the southern Coastal Plain
- Easy to grow, requires little maintenance and has good germination rates
- Use in rotation as pasture for livestock grazing or hay production
- Adapts well to sandy soils