The Dirty Gardener Sorghastrum Nutans Osage Indian Grass Seed - 250 Seeds
This is a great native grass seed from The Dirty Gardener. Osage Indian grass provides upright clumps of slender, blue-green leaves that turn golden in the fall. In late summer, attractive, vertical flowering Osage Indian grass stems are topped with 12-inch long, light brown flower panicles that have yellow stamens. Excellent grass for mid-height prairie. Blue-green that turns red-orange in fall. Indian grass attracts birds and looks lovely in dried arrangements. Bloom time: July - Aug. Hardiness zone: 3 - 9. Light requirements: sun - part shade . . . Soil / water: average - dry.
- Ornamental yellow Indian grass is a tall, bunching grass
- Produces broad blue-green blades topped by large, plume-like seed heads
- Turns to a showy deep orange to purple in fall
- Excellent grazing cover crop
- Non-GMO seeds contain no filler and have great germination rate