The Dirty Gardener Purple Coneflower Flowers - 1,200 Seeds
Purple coneflower Echinacea purpurea (asteraceae) a robust, drought tolerant perennial, native to the midwestern and southeastern United States. Flowers are arranged individually on sturdy, elongated stems with soft lavender or purple petals surrounding an iridescent red-orange, coned center. Prefers full sun to partial shade in fertile, well-drained soils. Absolutely stunning!!! Average planting success with this species: 70% height: 2-3 feet germination: 15-30 daysÕ optimum soil temperature for germination: 70-75f sowing depth: 1/8" blooming period: June - October average seeds per pound: 117,000 seeding rate: 12 lbs. Per acre suggested use: borders, meadows, mixtures, floral gardens. Miscellaneous: an excellent variety for cut flower arrangements with a vase life of 5 to 7 days. Propagation from root cuttings is reliable if performed in the fall. bulk seed packed in sealed bags.
- These drought tolerant flowers are perfect dry, southern states
- Plant once and these flowers will come back year after year
- Grows from 2 to 3 feet tall and prefers full to part sun
- Easy to grow and requires little maintenance
- Non-GMO seeds have great germination rates