The Dirty Gardener Verbena Stricta Hoary Vervain Flowers, 500 Seeds
The 1-4 ft., hairy stem produces a terminal cluster of narrow, flowering spikes. Small lavender flowers appear in a ring halfway down the ascending spike. A common invader of overgrazed pastures, this plant does not compete well in vigorous stands of native grasses. Seeds are consumed by small mammals and prairie-chickens. Butterflies love the tall flower spikes of vervain. Bloom time: late summer. Hardiness zone: 3 - 9. Light requirements: sun . . . Soil / water: dry.
- Add some unique flair to gardens with these unusual perennial flowers
- Perfect for back borders or along fences
- Attracts butterflies and bees
- Grows from 1 to 4 feet tall and prefers full sun
- Easy to grow and requires little maintenance