Amaranth, Love Lies Bleeding
Love lies bleeding seeds - 1 lb: love lies bleeding is a true conversation starter in the garden or meadow. The large, maroon seed pods dangle above striking green foliage. This flower is not only extremely easy to grow and drought-tolerant, but gorgeous in dried flower arrangements. Annual. Love lies bleeding: life cycle: annual. bloom time: mid/late season. height: 36 - 60"light: full sun/mostly sunny. color: red. zone: 7 Ð 11. Amaranthus caudatus: is the hanging or "drooping", deep-red spiked variety known as love lies bleeding. This plant is an absolute knockout! The upright, red, green, or purplish stems bear pale green to reddish ovate leaves and long, tassel-like clusters of red flowers right through the entire summer. This variety is highly popular for cut flower arrangements. Love Lies Bleeding has lovely drooping 12 inches long tassels of flowers in bold crimson red shades. It looks great in hanging baskets or when given something to hang over (like a trellis, fence, or even an old tree stump) to show off its tassels. USDA Hardiness Zones: 1-10. 18-24" tall, space 10-12" apart. Full sun/part shade, average water. Sow seeds 1/4" deep. LIGHT REQUIREMENTS: Sun - Part Shade . . . SOIL / WATER: Average.
- Stunning red flowers are tall, graceful and do well in flower gardens, rock gardens and borders
- Late bloomer provides color during late summer and fall
- The long, rope-like blooms retain their vibrant color for a considerable time
- Grows up to 3-5 feet tall and thrives in full sun to partial shade
- Foliage is edible and highly nutritious - add to salads or soup