The Dirty Gardener Mahonia Aquifolium Oregon Holly Grape Shrubs, 1 Ounce
Native shrub seed for wetlands. Mahonia aquifolium (Oregon-grape or Oregon grape) is a species of flowering plant in the family berberidaceae, native to western North America. It is an evergreen shrub growing to 1 m (3 ft) tall by 1.5 m (5 ft) wide, with pinnate leaves consisting of spiny leaflets, and dense clusters of yellow flowers in early spring, followed by black berries.
- The holly grape shrub is as attractive as it is useful
- Evergreen shrub native to rocky and coniferous forests of the northwest U.S.
- Produces mildly fragrant yellow blossoms in spring
- Blue-black berries are edible and delicious
- Grows from 3 to 6 feet tall and grows well in shade