The Dirty Gardener Midnight Kentucky Bluegrass Seed, 10 Pounds
Midnight Kentucky bluegrass creates a thick carpet that has an unusually dark rich blue-green color. It is the most popular bluegrass in the United States, and it has many desirable qualities that make it so popular including: dark blue-green color, slow growth habit, drought tolerance, disease resistance, and more than 15 years of proving itself as a great choice! It is recommended for home lawns, parks, golf courses, and athletic fields. It withstands high traffic and stays thick and lush. With soil temperatures of 65f, germination is usually within 28 days. Keep seed moist until germination occurs and gradually taper off with the water, watering deeper but less often. Mowing height for midnight can be.5 to 2 inches. If planting in the fall, make sure than you have a minimum of 8 weeks before fall frosts for a good establishment.
- Low growing lawn grass perfect for difficult-to-mow areas
- Dark blue-green, hardy and upright growth pattern
- Tolerates drought and foot traffic very well
- Has strong disease resistant and is great for cool weather climates
- Easy to establish and prefers full sun