The Dirty Gardener Heirloom Chicory Electric Blue Wildflowers, 25+ Seeds
Heirloom Variety~ Chicory - (Perennial Wildflower) (Zones 4-11) (Chichorium Intybus). 25+ Seeds, 4-5' tall. Excellent for a meadow setting, I keep mine trimmed and compact at about 3' and perch it among my silvery Queen Anne's Lace. I think it's my favorite garden combination. Good for early spring direct seeding or late fall seeding. Long used as a substitute for coffee by the Indians. A very helpful herb. - Level of experience needed for these seeds: moderate experience - I am a master gardener from Wisconsin (zone 4) and I want to share many of the perennials, annuals, herbs and veggies from my 3rd generation, organic yard with you. Many of my plants are heirloom varieties that have been on the property since 1940 when my grandfather built the house. Many I do not have the true name for, just what has been passed down from gramma, to mom, to me. I owned my own greenhouse for 13 years and I will give you step-by-step planting directions with each purchase for the gardening amateurs. I gear my sales towards the common gardener, small scale, but I do have a couple "bulk" for larger scale enthusiasts.
- This sweet blue flower provides lots of mid-season color
- Works well in gardens, meadows and along road sides
- Often cultivated for salad leaves or to be ground and used as a coffee substitute and additive
- Attracts deer and is a wonderful plant to add to deer plots
- Easy to grow, requires little maintenance and thrives in zones 3-8