The Dirty Gardener Winter Rye Seed, 1 Pound
Winter rye is a popular cover crop that prevents erosion and builds organic matter back into soil. 5 lbs. Will cover approximately 1,000 square feet. Great for no till gardening and nitrogen scavenging.
- A cereal rye which can be used for making flour, rye bread, rye beer, whisky, vodka and more
- Cold tolerant and does extremely well in over-wintering conditions
- Suppresses even the most noxious of weeds and does well in poor soils
- Provides late fall to early spring nutrient scavenging and grazing
- Also can provide excellent erosion control