The Dirty Gardener Prairie Clover Wildflowers, 17,000 Seeds/1 Ounce
Dalea purpureum (Purple Prairie Clover) Wildflower Seeds. Origin: US Native. Other Common Names: Violet Prairie Clover. Duration: Perennial. Bloom Time: Late Summer Height: 12" to 36". Spacing: 15" to 18". Light: Full Sun to Part Shade. Soil Moisture: Medium to Dry. USDA Zone: 3a-9b. Germination: No pre-treatment needed. Sow seeds just below soil surface at 70F and water. Slow to germinate. The pinkish-purple blossoms on this perennial clover bloom at the base of the flower cone, and slowly ascend to the top! This wildflower was a favorite of Native Americans, which they used to treat wounds. Very drought tolerant and showy, blooming all Summer!
- This purple beauty lives up to it's name and likes prairie-like conditions
- Unusual purple blossoms are reminiscent of pinecones
- Easy to grow, requires little maintenance and thrives in zones 3-9
- Grows from 1 to 3 feet tall and prefers full to partial sun
- Non-GMO seeds which have great germination