The Dirty Gardener Silene Armeria Tall Catchfly Flowers - 125 Mg
The gentle rosy petals, delicate foliage and enticing aroma make catchfly one of our favorites. Carmine pink brings to mind cottage gardens, English country sides, and sweet summer days. Use as an accent for walkways, beds, pots, and borders. Silene armeria, commonly known as the sweet William catchfly, is a plant of the family caryophyllaceous. Originally a native of Europe, it has become widespread in the USA. Perennial in USDA plant hardiness zones 5 to 8. Bloom time: June - Oct. Hardiness zone: annual (but reseeds itself easily, so it acts like a perennial in all zones). Light requirements: sun - part shade . . . Soil / water: any moist - dry.
- These tall, sweet flowers are excellent along fences, back borders and exterior walls
- Produces a sweet, aromatic blooms which blossom from June through October
- Grows from 2 to 3 feet tall and prefers full to part sun
- An annual which reseeds itself so acts like a perennial
- Non-GMO seeds are packed weekly and have great germination rates