Delphinium Ajacis Rocket Larkspur Flowers - 1,000 Seeds
Rocket Larkspur (Delphinium Consolida) - Delphinium Larkspur is an annual flower grown from wild flower seed. It normally grows between 2 to 3 feet tall depending on soil fertility and moisture. It usually has 2 or 3 forking stems which are branched. The alternate leaves are sessile, palmately divided, and up to 3" long and across. Delphinium lobes repeatedly subdivide into smaller lobes that are narrowly linear, providing the leaves with a lacy appearance. They are slightly pubescent and often have a silky appearance. The stems of Larkspur terminate into spike-like racemes of blue-violet flowers. Each Larkspur flower reaches approximately 2 inches in diameter and consists of 5 petal-like sepals, 4 petals, a single pistil, and some stamens with light blue anthers. The upper sepal forms a hood in front and an upward-curving spur in back about 1" long. The middle and lower sepals are well-rounded and spreading.
- Hardy annual which works well along fences and in cottage gardens
- Blooms in features white, pink, blue and purple
- Fantastic addition to cut flower arrangements
- Grows up to 4 feet tall and prefers full sun to light shade
- Non-GMO seeds have great germination and are easy to grow