The Dirty Gardener Liatris Blazing Star Gayfeather Flowers - 100+ Seeds
Liatris "Blazing Star" is a tall, upright perennial that grows to 4' in height. Long-lasting flower displays make it a must for American gardeners. A great companion plant for all vegetables. It does well in virtually any soil, but it prefers a moist, fertile environment. Growing Instructions: Direct seed in the garden during fall or winter. If starting indoors, it is best to chill these seeds in the refrigerator for 1 week before planting. Cover seeds lightly with a damp (not wet!) potting soil mix in trays or pots. Place them in the coolest part of the basement. Once germination begins they can be placed in a cold frame or under lights.
- This striking, tall flower has densely packed violet-lavender to rosy-purple blooms
- Use to line fences, as a backdrop to gardens or in meadows for months of blooms
- Nectar-rich flowers attract hummingbirds and butterflies
- Prefers full sun and average soils but does well in drought conditions
- Easy to grow and requires little maintenance