Adonis Aestivalis Pheasant's Eye Flowers, 25 Seeds
This rare cornfield annual has bright-green, finely dissected leaves which are borne on a branched stem that can reach up to 50cm. The distinctive flower, with its dark red petals surrounding a central mass of black anthers, has the appearance of a miniature (15-25mm across) anemone. Flowering is normally from June to July and is followed by an elongated oval seed-head of about 30 olive-green seeds similar in size and shape to grape pips.
- Every garden needs a splash of red - and crimson pheasant's eyes work well
- This annual often reseeds itself from year to year
- Easy to establish and come back year after year
- Grows up to 16 inches tall and thrives in full to partial sun
- Good to grow in any type of soil in zones 3-10