The Dirty Gardener Asclepias Curassavica Bloodflower Tropical Milkweed Flowers, 3 Seeds
Asclepias curassavica, called tropical milkweed, scarlet milkweed or bloodflower is an erect, evergreen perennial shrub. Like most milkweeds, it has opposite leaves and milky sap. The leaves are about 13 cm long, narrowly elliptic, and pointed at both ends. The flowers are orange and red and borne in terminal and axillary clusters that are 5 - 10 cm across. It blooms continuously from spring until autumn.
- The perennial bloodflower shrub adds a rich splash of orange-red to any garden
- It's sweet scent attracts monarch butterflies
- A fun addition to bouquets and flower arrangements
- Easy to grow, requires little maintenance and thrives in zones 3-9
- Grows up to 4 feet in height and does well in full sun to partial shade