The Dirty Gardener Herb Chives
Chives (Allium schoenoprasum) are a perennial. Which is a savory garnish adding a zest to any salad. You could try chive butter or freeze chives in water cubes for later use. For companion planting you can grow chives next to carrots to improve their growth and deter carrot fly and close to roses to help control black spot, it also makes an excellent organic insecticide.
- Choose these beautiful perennial chives for their bloom and their herb
- Beautiful purple globe blossom blooms early to mid spring
- When blooming is done use to flavor potatoes, soups, salad, stews and much more
- Grow well in full sun or partial shade and best in zones 3-9
- Non-GMO seeds with no filler content