The Dirty Gardener Dichondra Repens Seeds - 10 Pounds
Seed rate: 1.5 to 2 lbs. Per 1000 sq. Ft. Seed depth: 1/4 inch. Planting time: spring, summer. Fertilizer: 1/2 to 1 lb. Per 1000 sq. Ft. Mowing: 1/2 to 1-inch pH: 5.5 - 6.2. Planting directions dichondra can be grown from seed very easily. The recommended seeding rate for coated dichondra is 3 pounds of seed per 1,000 square feet. The best time to sow dichondra is from March through May; midsummer planting will germinate faster but will need careful, frequent waterings. Planting early will produce sturdy root systems that can take mid-summer heat and some water stress. For new lawns: prepare the seed bed as you would for a new grass lawn. Dichondra seeds sown in spring do not need mulch; just rake the seed gently and roll it with a light roller. If you sow in the summer, use just enough of a light mulch of damp peat moss to cover. This will help keep the seedbed moist.
- Perennial ground cover plant which is often used as an alternative to lawns
- Grows very close to the ground - no more than 2 inches high
- When mowed on low setting it will establish a thick, dense carpet look
- Excellent in rock gardens and as a contained border plant
- Highly resistant to disease and grows in full sun to partial shade