Eschscholzia Caespitosa Dwarf Yellow California Tufted Poppy, 1,000 Seeds
Eschscholzia caespitosa is a great, drought tolerant low growing flower. Fast shipping from The Dirty Gardener. Poppies attract bees, butterflies, and birds. The huge showy 2 - 4 inches blooms make them an excellent cut flower, and their unique looking seed pods are splendid in dried arrangements or for crafts. They are known in folk medicine as a mild sedative and analgesic. The california poppy is a protected species, and there is a $500 per plant fine for destroying them! Bloom time: spring .yellow - yellow orange. Hardiness zone: annual (but reseeds itself easily, so it acts like a perennial in all zones). Light requirements: sun . . . Soil / water: dry.
- Sunshine yellow poppies attract butterflies, bees and birds
- Medium 2-4 inch blooms wave atop ferny, blue-green foliage
- Grows up to 12-18 inches tall and prefer full sun
- Drought tolerant and ideal for dry, arid climates
- Gorgeous in cut flower arrangements and press beautifully