The Dirty Gardener Monarda Fistulosa Wild Bergamot
Wild bergamot or bee balm. (monarda fistulosa) is a wildflower in the mint family (lamiaceae) widespread and abundant as a native plant in much of North America. This plant, with showy summer-blooming white flowers, is often used as a honey plant, medicinal plant, and garden ornamental. The Dirty Gardener offers the highest quality seed. We pack seeds weekly to ensure great germination from the newest yearÕs crop seed. We strive to sell all Non-GMO seeds of the highest quality. For planting instructions please contact us directly as everyone has a different need for their use.
- This unusual light purple flower is as beautiful as it is functional
- Flower heads are made of several wavy tube blooms clustered together
- Attracts butterflies, bees and hummingbirds
- Can be steamed to relieve colds or eaten to alleviate nausea
- Has great germination and is easy to grow