The Dirty Gardener Astragalus Membranaceus Huang Qi Milk Vetch Seeds
Shipped from The Dirty Gardener! Astragalus canadensis is a common and widespread member of the milkvetch genus in the legume family, known commonly as Canadian milkvetch. The plant is found throughout Canada and the United States in many habitats including wetlands, woodlands, and prairies. It sends out several thin, erect, green stems, bearing leaves that are actually made up of pairs of leaflets, each leaflet up to 3 centimeters in length. It has inflorescences of tubular, greenish-white flowers which yield beanlike fruits within pods that rattle when dry. Like other Astragalus, a. Canadensis is somewhat toxic, but it has been used medicinally by native American groups such as the Blackfoot and Lakota people, particularly the roots. Description from our friends at Wikipedia. The Dirty Gardener offers the highest quality seed. We pack seeds weekly to ensure great germination from the newest yearÕs crop seed. We strive to sell all Non-GMO seeds of the highest quality. For planting instructions please contact us directly as everyone has a different need for their use.
- Huang Qi milk vetch is an herb native to northern China and grows well in North America
- Produces small greenish-white blooms which become small pods
- Often used to speed healing from injuries and cuts
- Plant once and these hardy flowers will come back year after year
- Easy to grow and requires little maintenance