Liatris Spicata Blazing Star Gayfeather Flowers - 500 Seeds
Liatris. Common names include blazing star and Gayfeather. Some species are used as ornamental plants, sometimes in flower bouquets. They are perennials, surviving the winter in the form of corms. Premium flower seed, Non-GMO with great germination from The Dirty Gardener. The blazing star has tall upright spikes of fuzzy purple flowers. Bloom time: mid summer. Hardiness zone: 3 - 10. Light requirements: sun . . . Soil / water: average.
- This striking, tall flower has densely packed violet-lavender to rosy-purple blooms
- Use to line fences, as a backdrop to gardens or in meadows for months of blooms
- Nectar-rich flowers attract hummingbirds and butterflies
- Prefers full sun and average soils but does well in drought conditions
- Easy to grow and requires little maintenance