The Dirty Gardener Gaillardia Aristata Pinwheel Blanket Flowers
Gaillardia aristata - Blanket Flower is a 2' to 4' tall native perennial with native distribution primarily in the west and northern most tier of states. It grows best in dry to medium moisture soils and will not tolerate wet sites. Blanket Flower is a widely used garden flower in areas outside its native range. A continuous and prolific display of brilliant red flowers with variable width yellow rims combined with a flowering period from late spring to early fall make this a garden favorite. It is an excellent cut flower with a vase life of over a week. Native American medicinal uses are numerous.
- This tall, stunning beauty produces vibrant yellow petals with red centers
- Use as a background in flower gardens, along fences or in meadows
- Long lasting blooms from late spring right into fall
- Grows from 2 to 4 feet tall and does best in dry to medium wet soils
- Perfect as a cut flower in bouquets and dried arrangements