The Dirty Gardener Saponaria Ocymoides Rock Soapwort Flowers - 500 Seeds
One of the easiest perennials for difficult hot, sunny sites. This forms a low, spreading carpet of bright-green leaves, nearly smothered by starry bright-pink flowers in late spring. A nice choice for edging borders or paths, spilling over rock walls, in rock gardens or as a groundcover. Shear or trim back to 2 inches after flowering to tiny plants up. Easily divided in early autumn if desired. Drought tolerant once established. Vigorous in habit, so keep this away from slow-growing neighbors that may get accidentally smothered. Soapwort is an excellent fast growing ground cover or rock garden plant. Bloom time: spring. Hardiness zone: 2 - 10. Light requirements: sun - part shade . . . Soil / water: dry.
- Sweet flower which is as cute as it is functional
- Perfect for borders and rock gardens
- Provides a striking display of white and pink blossoms
- Root contains saponins which is a wonderful soap substitute
- Grows from 2 to 3 feet tall and does well in hot, sunny climates