Rudbeckia Amplexicaulis Clasping Coneflower Flowers - 250 Seeds
This is a smooth-stemmed, annual coneflower, 2-3 ft. Tall, with terminal, solitary flower heads. The leaves are oblong with heart-shaped, clasping bases. The yellow petals, with reddish-purple bases, are numerous and droop away from the dark, elongated, cone-shaped center. Resembling a drooping sunflower, the clasping coneflower is an annual flowering plant that features large drooping yellow petals and huge black center cones. Clasping coneflower will thrive in any type of soil and prefers a full sun garden location. This hardy annual grows to a maximum height of 2', is very easy to grow and it will reseed itself. Seeds are packaged and germination tested for current year. Clasping coneflower is an excellent choice for cut flowers, as well as for unstructured borders or anywhere that your garden needs a dose of the colorful and unusual. Plant features: blooms June through September grows to a height of 1.5 to 2 feet plants seeds at a depth of 1/16-inch germination is 2 to 4 weeks. Attracts bees, birds, and butterflies. 2-3 ft. tall, space 12-15" apart. BLOOM TIME: June - Sept. HARDINESS ZONE: Annual (but reseeds itself easily, so it acts like a perennial in all zones). Perennial zones 2-10. LIGHT REQUIREMENTS: Sun - Part Shade . . . SOIL / WATER: Average - Dry.
- Puts a kiss of sunshine in your garden and brightens everyone's spirits
- Wonderful re-seeding plant in gardens or wildflower meadows
- Grows from 1 to 2 feet, prefers full sun or partial shade and is best in dry to medium soils
- Blooms throughout the summer
- Reaches 1 to 2 feet and grows best in dry to medium soils in full sun or part shade